Contact Tracing and Infection Control
Contact tracing could be what frees the world from the grasp of COVID-19. It’s a popular method of containment that’s already helped flatten the curve. But for this to work long-term, we need more qualified healthcare professionals with the proper training—training that isn’t easy to find.
This course covers all CDC-recommended training elements required to successfully identify patients who have come in close contact with a particular virus or contagion. We discuss important breach avoidance strategies and outline the main steps involved in the contact tracing process.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn all the basics of HIPAA and how Protected Health Information relates to your work as a contact tracer.
- Get a complete overview of how contact tracing works and what is expected in this is a relatively new role in health care.
- Walk through all CMS guidelines for infection prevention as they relate to COVID-19.
- Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency: Transmission Prevention and Control of Infection
- Preventing Needlestick and Sharp-Object Injuries
- Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Protection from Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Barriers and Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a Health Care Environment
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Disease
- Handwashing Infection Control in Health Care
- Sepsis Awareness and Education
- Certificate of Sepsis Prevention Proficiency
- COVID-19 CMS Guidelines
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Sanitizer Code
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Soap and Water
- Simulation: Isolation PPE Protocol – Donning and Doffing
- Infection Control Basic Proficiency (CICBP) Final Exam
- Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency Certificate and CEU Request
- Contact Tracer Proficiency: COVID-19 Basics
- Contact Tracing Overview
- Contact Tracing Role Requirements and Active Steps
- Current Testing Options for COVID-19
- Epidemiology and Terminology Relating to COVID-19
- Contact Tracing Communication Basics
- Confidentiality, Patient Privacy, Ethics and Complexities
- Contact Tracing and Case Monitoring
- Comprehensive Final Exam
- HIPAA in the Workforce: Understanding the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understanding the HIPAA Security Rule
- Business Associates: BA Regulations
- HIPAA Documentation and Training
- Applied HIPAA Security for Health Care Professionals