The purpose of this one-day course is to get acquainted with the most up-to-date information related to the design of concrete structures using the current International Building Code IBC-2018 and the latest release of ACI-318-14, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary. This course covers reinforced concrete, precast/prestressed concrete and post-tensioned concrete design. The course is organized to cover the code organization and the main code provisions, and to go over several design examples.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
By attending this class, you will:
1. Get familiar with IBC-2018 concrete code provisions and ACI-318-14 design provisions
2. Understand concrete materials used in design
3. Learn the design of a reinforced concrete beam and column
4. Design of a prestressed hollowcore floor
5. Design of a post-tensioned slab
6. Design of pile caps and spread footings
Dates and locations to be announced.