Writing for Business
Content rules in business communication – so much so that a particular style and format should be followed to relay the information.
In this course, you will concentrate on writing effective emails because emailing is the prevalent means of transmitting information both inside and outside your organization. What you learn about emails can also be used in other types of business writing your job requires. This information is highly relevant for anyone who needs to improve their business writing skills.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Write in the correct sentence structure. (We will not concentrate on grammar but will use another method.)
- Learn how material organization adds to understanding.
- Be proficient in subject headings, introductions, short paragraphs, bullet points and numbered lists.
- Understand email etiquette.
- Acquire skill in word choice.
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches, instructional material, and discounted parking.
"I enjoyed this course and look forward to using the content in my day to day activities. I especially liked the real-world examples and exercises." — Student, 2016
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Tue., Oct 9
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Judy Steininger
$345 by Tue., Sept. 25.
$395 after Tue., Sept. 25.
CEUs: 0.7, PDCs: 7
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5050-11106
Registration Deadline: Tue., Oct. 9