Artificial Intelligence for Engineering
The use of artificial intelligence (AI) computational methods to enhance human-computer interaction, machine control, business analysis and a wide range of other applications is an integral part of today’s technology. AI can be and is being used in many aspects of engineering to analyze design options, increase manufacturing efficiency and provide new product functionality. The objectives of this course are to introduce potential applications of AI for use by engineers and to describe in some detail the types of artificial neural networks and how they are applied. Examples of engineering applications of AI are described with the opportunity to try basic AI methods through provided computer software.
This course provides:
- An understanding of AI methods as a starting point for determining where these methods might be used in work applications
- Resources which can be used to explore the potential for AI application
- An opportunity to view basic AI processes in action
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the primary methods of implementing artificial intelligence-like functions and the type of data used to support these functions
- Learn about major examples of business and engineering applications of artificial intelligence
- Learn about some of the software available for implementing artificial intelligence applications
- Test simple examples of artificial intelligence applications through hands-on computer exercises
Dates and locations to be announced.