A Systems Approach to Managing Training Projects
Learn about project management methodology and how to implement a systems approach for your training environment through case studies, exercises, and group learning. Participants customize an action plan for making existing training projects systematic and sustainable, and will develop the skills to set standards for easily assimilating new training projects.
Sarah Caryl is a business leader practicing in the Human Resources, Talent Management and Organizational Development areas with extensive experience leading adult learning. With experience in the manufacturing and service industries as well as academia, Sarah understands how the cultural ... read more
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
Participants will learn:
- How to design and document a unique system and tools that apply to stages of training projects
- To establish scalable tools that apply to all elements of training projects: ADDIE process, coordination, documentation, record keeping, classroom logistics
- How to design and manage a schedule of ongoing training programs
- How to address psychological constraints to using a standard approach, understanding how rapid development and deployment provides value and demonstrates expertise
8:30am – 12pm
- Understanding the benefits and common elements of a systems approach to training
- Identifying the special needs of comprehensive training project management beyond developing and delivering the content
- Investigating specific considerations, requirements or ways of doing business in your organization or environment that influences the needs of training project management
12 – 12:30pm
12:30 – 4:30pm
- Identifying your existing training project management approach and gaps in your system
- Designing your customized action plan
- Building and sharing tools and templates that work
- Articulating the process in a business environment and working through typical barriers to scalable planning
- Establishing trust and credibility using your system and outcomes
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15 min. break.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
Dates and locations to be announced.