The Conference Services office at the School of Continuing Education is seeking outgoing, self-motivated, hard-working UWM students with good customer service skills and multi-tasking abilities. Conference Services serves our non-credit programming efforts by ensuring that classrooms are clean, set up properly, and have the necessary instructional media. The conference center is in operation Monday-Friday 7:00AM-10:30PM and on Saturdays 7:00AM-6:30PM. The School of Continuing Education is located on the 6th and 7th floors of the John Plankinton Building at 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., in downtown Milwaukee.
- Reconfigure classroom furniture
- Set up AV equipment
- Provide reception desk coverage
- Cleaning of classrooms, offices and equipment
- Office filing and answering the phone
- Other duties as assigned necessary for a well-maintained and smooth running conference center
We are looking for reliable, outgoing individuals who possess a willingness to learn, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and the maturity to work in a professional environment. Training will be provided.
You must be a student at any higher education institution to apply for this position (non-UWM students may apply. We attempt to work around your class schedule if possible based upon our staffing needs. If interested please email your resume, cover letter, availability (the times you are available to work for summer and/or fall semesters), as well as your preference for number of hours per week to Chris Baxter at email@example.com. We will be doing on-going hiring for summer and fall 2013 until our schedule is filled.
Pay Rate & Hours
- Total hours per week can range from 4 to 20 based on your availability and our needs, with the average around 15 hours per week.
- Starting pay is $8.25/hour.
- Excellent performance can lead to pay and responsibility advancement.
- Work study is accepted.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter and summer/fall semester availability to:
Chris Baxter ♦ 414-227-3193 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org