Youth Engagement Practice Certificate
Youth engagement is a critical component to reach children in need and create positive futures for kids in vulnerable situations. This challenging mission requires collaboration between many different professionals in order to achieve long-term measurable growth for youth groups. The Youth Engagement Practice Certificate is an online noncredit training program that uses the Regulatory Standards of Wisconsin to inform youth topics. Our 32-hour entry-level program includes an introduction to youth engagement followed by several different subjects of successful youth development practices.
- Define the role of professional child and youth care workers
- Identify implications of developmental delays and behavioral changes
- Analyze techniques to bridge gaps and establish trust with youth
- Compare different methods of support used to foster healthy development
- Outline popular methods to strengthen positive coping skills
- Create engagement plans that prioritize long-term goals
- Summarize the major benefits of applying trauma-informed solutions
To get started, enroll in the recommended first course – Introduction to Child and Youth Work. Earn the certificate by completing 7 courses within three years.
For information on the course format, view the session information on the selected course page.
|Adolescent Planning and Goal Setting||$59|
|Adolescent Stress and Coping Skills||$118|
|Foundations of Youth Development||$118|
|Introduction to Child and Youth Work|
Recommended first course
|Relational Youth Work||$59|
|The Adolescent Brain||$59|
|Youth Engagement Practice Certificate Program|
Earn your certificate and showcase your achievement with a distinctive digital badge.