Youth Engagement Practice Certificate Program
Youth Engagement Practice Certificate is an online noncredit training program offered by the School of Continuing Education for residential, group home, foster, kinship and shelter care youth work professionals.
The Youth Engagement Practice Certificate is a 25-hour entry-level program in line with the State of Wisconsin Regulatory Standards with a focus on engaging youth.
Who Should Attend
Residential, group home, foster and shelter care professionals, youth workers.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to child and youth care
- Foundations of youth work
- Youth development, self-regulation and motivation
- Interactional skills for trusting relationships
- Adolescent stress, support and coping
- Brain-based emotional style