Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Certificate
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) helps patients reach goals by emphasizing methods of solution-building rather than problem-solving. The Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Certificate focuses on learning and adopting these methods and applying them in treatment settings. Participants use these tools to identify situations where the SF approach can best help patients achieve their goals. While not a sole method of treatment, SFBT functions as an additional strategy that human service professionals can use to help patients successfully confront challenges.
After enrollment, you will receive an email approximately one week prior to the start date of the class with instructions on how to access the online course. As an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course, you are required to have routine access to high-speed internet. Additionally, a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with a course DVD and textbook are required. The course includes weekly assignments that follow stated deadlines. Upon completion, your certificate will be mailed to you within two weeks after the last day of class.
- Describe the theoretical differences between problem-solving and solution-building treatment models
- Identify what solution-building conversations sound like when observing or listening in on a therapy session
- Create a plan of solution-building to carry out with clients
- Integrate strategies of the Solution-Focused approach into your practices
- Outline the most effective circumstances to implement the SFBT approach
- Work with a community of professionals who practice SFBT strategies
To get started, enroll in the upcoming online session. Earn your certificate by completing the online readings and assignments.
Date: Course available Mar 9-July 4
Instructor: Teri Pichot LCSW, MAC, LAC
CEUs: 5.0, CEHs: 50
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 7740-12551
Registration Deadline: Thu., Mar. 5Registration deadline has passed.