Office Lean Certificate
It can be difficult for organizations to identify complex problems, prioritize their importance and assemble the right teams to solve them. This is especially true for service organizations including health care, finance, insurance, government, utilities, nonprofits and more.
Lean is a proven methodology that creates a culture of problem-solving and drives successful business results. In fact, Lean principles and tools have been successfully applied across a wide range of industries, likely including yours.
Learn how to apply Lean methodology within your organization to solve problems, make immediate improvements and achieve business results. You’ll enjoy a combination of class dialogue, case studies, and hands-on simulation to Lean methods and tools. The instructors have more than 20 years of combined experience teaching and using Lean techniques in organizations worldwide.
Earn the certificate by completing both modules and a capstone project within three months. Participants must take Module I and Module II together in the same semester.
Single courses may be taken without the pursuit of the certificate.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to see transactional processes from start to finish and all the problems in between using value stream mapping
- Apply Lean tools to identify value, streamline and eliminate waste from these processes
- Complete a Capstone project with hands-on instructor coaching and support so you can immediately apply the course content to solve critical problems in your organization
- Understand the leadership behaviors and practices required to sustain Lean improvements
- Hear about best practices from leading organizations and how to incorporate them into your personal Lean journey