Early Care and Education – Leadership Certificate (WI – Leadership Credential)
Effective leaders inspire continuous quality improvement within themselves, their programs and the community. The Early Care and Education – Leadership Certificate builds your capacity for new directions, innovation and visionary change. Participants explore the areas of emotional intelligence, shared vision, reflective supervision, resilience, advocacy and leading through change. The four-course journey is designed to grow self-awareness, increase confidence, align passion and purpose, and empower current and future leaders. This certificate complements both the Early Care and Education – Administration and Programming Certificates.
- Outline the importance of excellence and diversity in early childhood programs, and the role of vision and reflective practice in reaching these goals
- Define the skills and dispositions of an effective leader and examine your own using research-based tools
- Learn and apply leadership theory for building a competent, motivated and resilient team
- Explore professional relationship-building and collaboration to transform the community
- Create and integrate a capstone project focused on transformation leadership and change
HOW TO REGISTERTo register for a certificate or course contact:
Liz Weber, Program Manager at (414) 227-3334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To get started, sign up for the first course, Early Childhood Leadership: The Personal Disposition of a Leader. Courses must be taken in order as each course is a prerequisite for the next course. Earn your certificate by completing 3 courses plus the capstone course. Earn the WI credential by commissioning with The Registry.
|COURSES||UWM Campus Prefix/Course Number||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|LC #1: Early Childhood Leadership: The Personal Disposition of a Leader||AD LDSP 591||Spring|
|LC #2: Early Childhood Leadership: Leading in Your Program||AD LDSP 592||Spring||Summer|
|LC #3: Early Childhood Leadership: Leading in the Community & the Field||AD LDSP 593||Spring|
|LC #4: Early Childhood Leadership: Leading for Change||AD LDSP 594||Summer|
In Partnership With