Early Care and Education – Customized Certificate
As an experienced Early Care and Education (ECE) professional, you know the magnitude of your job in providing quality care and education to our youngest learners. The Early Care and Education – Customized Certificate lets you determine the knowledge areas and skills you need to meet your own professional development interests, position requirements, state regulations, QRIS requirements and/or accreditation standards. Continue to build your capacity and expand your marketability for a variety of career opportunities.
Your biggest challenge will be deciding which four courses to select! Choose from five administration courses that focus on day-to-day operations, management skills and business practice savvy. Consider three leadership courses that cover effective leadership skills and dispositions, reflective supervision, and field-wide advocacy and initiatives. And explore four programming courses that look at program implementation, program culture and coaching in high-quality learning environments.
- Comprehend and apply organizational frameworks, practices and systems
- Describe the relationship between sound financial management and quality program planning
- Outline the importance of excellence and diversity in early childhood programs and the role of vision and reflective practice in reaching these goals
- Learn and apply leadership theory for building a competent, motivated and resilient team
- Build an in-depth understanding of program development as it relates to the child development continuum, staff development and program goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective and intentional supervision, coaching and staff development
HOW TO REGISTERTo register for a certificate or course contact:
Liz Weber, Program Manager at (414) 227-3334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To get started, choose four courses from the 12 courses listed below. All are offered in online formats. Courses are available for undergraduate credit and noncredit with Administration and Leadership courses available for graduate credit. Choose to start anytime!
Note: Credits may be applied to specific UWM degree programs that can be taken fully online. Any three Administration courses (if taken for credit) are recognized by the NAEYC as meeting part of an alternative pathway for program administrators to achieve educational qualifications for NAEYC Early Childhood Program Accreditation.