Business Communication Certificate
Effective communication skills are crucial as organizations become more complex and global. Companies want employees with solid communication skills that can help them succeed in a complex business environment.
Learn how to produce clear, concise and powerful written messages, develop techniques to deliver an engaging presentation, improve your listening skills and more. Professional instructors with real-world experience provide up-to-date knowledge in small group sessions.
Earn a Professional Certificate in Business Communication from UWM, and increase your skills, earning potential and value in the workplace.
This certificate will no longer be offered as of fall 2020. Please contact Pam Nellen at 414-227-3208 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who Should Attend
Business professionals who want to improve communication skills and develop organizational communication plans. HR professionals seeking skills for coaching and mentoring managers who communicate with staff.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Improve written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understand the importance and components of a strategic communication plan
- Learn how to effectively collaborate with customers and employees
- Present a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Adapt communication style to improve active listening
- Apply techniques for managing difficult conversations
- Overcome perceptual and communication barriers
- Gain skills and an understanding of emotional intelligence in the workplace
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Tue, Feb 4, 2020
Wed-Thu, Nov 13-14
Tue-Wed, Apr 21-22, 2020
Tue-Wed, Dec 10-11
Tue-Wed, June 2-3, 2020
Tue, Oct 1
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Tue, Nov 5
Tue, Mar 24, 2020
Course available July 1-Dec 31
Fri, Dec 6
Fri, May 1, 2020