SharePoint is an online collaboration system that uses workflow applications, “list” databases, and other web parts and security features to empower teams to work together. SharePoint is part the UWM Microsoft 365 suite. SharePoint gives UWM the ability to control access to information and automate workflow processes across business units. SharePoint integrates with many other of the Microsoft 365 applications, like Teams.
- Centralized center for document sharing, document management, project management, and tracking
- Cloud-based platform available anywhere
- Multiple levels of permissions from the whole SharePoint site down to specific files
- Enhanced security – SharePoint has robust data encryption and cloud backup to keep your data safe and secure
- UWM Single Sign-On password-protected
- Enhanced real-time document collaboration
- Integration with other Microsoft 365 applications
Current faculty, staff, and students
A full-service ePantherID is required
May be used to collect or show low or moderate risk data as defined per UW System policy 1031.A Information Security: Data Classification. Sites used to collect and/or store high risk data must be vetted by Security and Cloud Services to discuss what will be stored, who will need access, and come up with options with enhanced security. A High Risk SharePoint Site Request form must be submitted.
Free of charge