Computer support and help provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair services for campus technology systems. Most service is provided centrally through Campus Technology Support (CTS). Further information can be found on the tabs below, along with an option to request help.
The Help Desk is the central location for technology support and help. The Help Desk provides support over the phone, via email and in person. Help Desk staff make a best effort to answers questions, resolve technical problems, and fulfill service requests either by developing solutions internally or escalating to technical specialists.
- Central contact for most technology help/support requests
- Evening and weekend hours
- Expertise in Apple and Windows support
- Escalates issues to appropriate technical specialists
- Documents and maintains the UWM KnowledgeBase
Current students, faculty, and staff
Free of charge
The UWM KnowledgeBase is where information on technology at UWM is collected, organized, and shared with campus. Simply type a word into the search box and hit enter. All documents containing that key word will appear.
- Easily search and locate technology support and information online
- 24/7 self-support for your computers needs and questions
- Central location for storing and maintaining knowledge
Current faculty, staff, and students
A modern web browser with access to the Internet
Information within the knowledgebase does not contain any high or moderate risk data per UW System policy 1031.A Information Security: Data Classification.
Free of charge