UWM’s Public Health programs are on-campus programs. Please see below for information regarding bachelors, certificate, and graduate applications.
Undergraduate degree programs
The application for our Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health will open on August 1, 2021.
Graduate certificate programs
Graduate degree programs
We only review graduate degree program applications submitted through SOPHAS. We will not review applications submitted through Panthera!
We have three STEM designated routes: MPH in Biostatistics, MS in Biostatistics, and PhD in Epidemiology.
- Spring MPH application deadline: CLOSED
- PhD application deadline: CLOSED
- Fellowship Deadline: CLOSED
When applying for a Fellowship, your application and fellowship application needs to be submitted by the deadline.
- Priority deadline for all MPH tracks & the MS in Biostatistics: CLOSED
- International MPH and MS in Biostatistics deadline: May 20, 2022
- Domestic Rolling MPH and MS in Biostatistics deadline: June 30, 2022
Please note that the rolling application is for domestic students ONLY. International students will not be reviewed and should apply by the May 20th international deadline!
For application questions, email email@example.com to speak to an advisor.
Information Sessions are held regularly. You can find upcoming session dates and RSVP for a session here.
To be considered for admission, applicants must complete the required online application via the School of Public Health Application System (SOPHAS) (NOT the UWM Panthera application) and meet UW-Milwaukee Graduate School requirements, including the following requirements:
- GRE REQUIREMENTS: The GRE is no longer required for MPH applications. However, we will review them if you would like to attach them to your application. GRE scores are still required for PhD applications and MS applications. PhD and MS in Biostatistics applicants may request a GRE waiver or substitution in the following situations:
- You hold a terminal degree from the U.S. (e.g., PhD, JD, PharmD, MD).
- Completion of an alternative standardized test (e.g., MCAT, LSAT, GMAT). These are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Note that a waiver must be requested and granted by admissions staff at the Zilber School of Public Health. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding GRE waivers and substitutions.
- USE GRE CODE: 1780
- Current resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic experience and potential for graduate work in public health
- Official transcripts from all college-level institution attended sent directly to SOPHAS. For information on how to send your transcripts to SOPHAS, follow this link.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Exceptions can be made. Please visit the Graduate School Admissions page for additional information: https://uwm.edu/graduateschool/admission/
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Visit the Center for International Education’s website to find additional information regarding English proficiency requirements: https://uwm.edu/cie/international-admissions/application-requirements/
Some scholarships are available. In order to be considered for scholarships and funding opportunities, you must have applied by our priority deadline of January 8, 2022. When applying for Fellowships, you must submit your application by January 3, 2022.