Public health practitioners and researchers create conditions for everyone, everywhere to have equal opportunities to be healthy and live well. As Wisconsin’s only accredited school of public health, we prepare leaders who generate and apply the science of prevention to address the most pressing health issues facing communities and populations.
All of our degree programs include required field experiences, giving our students real-world practice and professional connections even before they graduate.
Positioned on the shore of Lake Michigan, 90 miles north of Chicago, Milwaukee is a nature enthusiast’s paradise with over 140 parks and 150 miles of trails. Milwaukee has also been named one of the most unexpected cities for high-tech innovation by Techie.com, a top 12 art city by Art Place, and a top 10 emerging downtown by Forbes.
- Apr20Research Seminar – Contraception Use and Cervical Cancer Prevention: Opportunities or Unintended Consequences?April 20, 2023, 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Apr20April 20, 2023, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Find yourself in public health
What is your passion? There is a public health career for you.
- Sociology and psychology? Choose a career in community health and health promotion.
- Political science and government? You’ll enjoy working in policy and advocacy.
- Math and numbers? Change health outcomes with data analysis and biostatistics.
- Discovering causes of disease? Make your mark in epidemiology and disease prevention.
- Biology and ecology? Your future career may be in environmental health.
Our students learn, research and discover in some of the university’s newest and best-equipped facilities.
Take a virtual tour today from anywhere in the world. Then, schedule a visit to meet us in person.