If you want to be part of an organization that is playing a vital role in crafting the future of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is the place for you. UWM is seeking multiple full-time Senior Lecturers/Lecturers for the Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health. If you are passionate about preparing the next generation of public health practitioners, then look no further.
Who We Are:
Initiated by a powerful combination of academic leaders, community advocates and investors, and local officials; UWM’s Zilber School of Public Health strives to be an innovative, interdisciplinary, ‘next generation’ School of Public Health. Our school values excellence in education, research, and leadership. We promote participatory community engagement, strategies, and policies; all to foster transformational change for improving health and health equity. For more information about the school and our programs, please see https://uwm.edu/publichealth/
What We Offer:
- Innovative, collaborative, and casual work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- On-site health & wellness programs
- On-site affordable day care
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role.
What You Will Do:
The primary responsibilities in this position will be teaching public health undergraduate and graduate courses. There will also be some Master of Public Health (MPH) advising responsibilities. Our focus is broad, and we encourage applications from people with teaching interests across the public health spectrum, including (but not limited to) public health policy and administration, biostatistics, environmental health sciences, health promotion, and epidemiology. Those with expertise complementary to public health are also encouraged to apply (e.g., public administration, sociology, statistics, urban studies, health education, political science).
- Terminal degree (e.g., PhD, DrPH) in public health or related field. Degree must be granted by date of hire.
- Candidate must demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching.
- Terminal Degree in a public health field.
- Experience or expertise in teaching a variety of public health courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in public health field.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide:
- A cover letter describing teaching interest.
- A curriculum vita/resume, and
- A teaching statement describing approach, experience, and evidence of teaching excellence.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications.
Screening of candidates is ongoing and will continue until qualified candidates are chosen for this position.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion.