How to apply for undergraduate programs
The application for our Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health will open on August 1, 2019. Undergraduate students should apply here.
How to apply for graduate programs
We only review graduate applications submitted through SOPHAS. We will not review applications submitted through Panthera.
The January 6, 2020 deadline is the deadline to apply for PhD programs and the priority deadline for the MPH tracks and MS in Biostatistics in order to be considered for scholarships and funding opportunities.
All MPH tracks and MS in Biostatistics applications are still being considered on a rolling basis for Fall 2020 admission.
- The deadline for international applicants to apply under our MPH rolling application process is June 5th.
- The deadline for domestic applicants to apply under our MPH rolling application process is July 12th.
For application questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to an advisor.
Information Sessions are held regularly. You can find upcoming session dates and RSVP for a session here.
To be considered for admission, applicants must complete the required online application via the School of Public Health Application System (SOPHAS) (NOT the UWM Panthera application) and meet UW-Milwaukee Graduate School requirements, including the following requirements:
- Current resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic experience and potential for graduate work in public health
- Note: The GRE is not being required to apply for Fall 2020 admission to the MPH program. Submission of scores from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five years. Submit scores to sophas.org, and use code 1780, not UWM’s institutional code.
- Visit the following page to find out information regarding how to send your GRE scores directly to SOPHAS: Information on how to send the scores can be found here.
- Official transcripts from all college-level institution attended sent directly to SOPHAS. For information on how to send your transcripts to SOPHAS, follow this link.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Exceptions can be made. Please visit the Graduate School Admissions page for additional information: https://uwm.edu/graduateschool/admission/
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Visit the Center for International Education’s website to find additional information regarding English proficiency requirements: https://uwm.edu/cie/international-admissions/application-requirements/
Applicants may request a GRE waiver or substitution in the following situations:
- Holding a terminal degree (e.g., PhD, JD, PharmD, MD); please note that terminal degrees from foreign institutions must be post-baccalaureate
- Completion of an alternative standardized test (e.g., MCAT, LSAT, GMAT) – these are evaluated on a case by case basis.
Note that a waiver must be requested and granted by admissions staff at the Zilber School of Public Health. Contact email@example.com regarding GRE waivers and substitutions.
Some scholarships are available. In order to be considered for scholarships and funding opportunities, you must have applied by our priority deadline of January 6, 2020.