We only review applications submitted through SOPHAS. We will not review applications submitted through Panthera.
Apply now to enroll for Fall 2018. The deadline to apply for PhD programs is January 7, 2018, which is the priority deadline for the MPH. MPH applications are considered on a rolling basis for Fall admission.
- The deadline for international applicants to apply under our MPH rolling application process is June 2nd.
- The deadline for domestic applicants to apply under our MPH rolling application process is July 14th.
For application questions, email email@example.com to speak to an advisor.
Information Sessions are held regularly. You can find upcoming session dates and RSVP for a session here.
To be considered for admission, applicants must complete the required online application via the School of Public Health Application System (SOPHAS) (NOT the UWM Panthera application) and meet UW-Milwaukee Graduate School requirements, including the following requirements:
- Current resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic experience and potential for graduate work in public health
- Submission of scores from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five years. Submit scores to sophas.org, and use code 1780, not UWM’s institutional code.
- Visit the following page to find out information regarding how to send your GRE scores directly to SOPHAS: https://portal.sophas.org/sophasHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/academic-history/standardized-tests/
- Official transcripts from all college-level institution attended sent directly so SOPHAS.
- For information on how to send your transcripts to SOPHAS, follow this link: https://portal.sophas.org/sophasHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/transcripts/ustranscripts/
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Exceptions can be made. Please visit the Graduate School Admissions page for additional information: http://uwm.edu/graduateschool/admission/
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Visit the Center for International Education’s website to find additional information regarding English proficiency requirements: http://uwm.edu/cie/international-admissions/application-requirements/
Applicants may request a GRE waiver or substitution in the following situations:
- Holding a terminal degree (e.g., PhD, JD, PharmD, MD); please note that terminal degrees from foreign institutions must be post-baccalaureate
- Completion of an alternative standardized test (e.g., MCAT, LSAT, GMAT).
Note that a waiver must be requested and granted by admissions staff at the Zilber School of Public Health. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding GRE waivers and substitutions.”
Some Scholarships are available for all five tracks. Recently, scholarships were announced for the three newest tracks – Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Public Health Policy and Administration – through the Vera Zilber Public Health Scholars Program.