How to apply for undergraduate degree programs
The application for our Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health will open on August 1, 2020. Undergraduate students should apply here.
How to apply for graduate certificate programs
You can apply for our graduate certificate programs here.
How to apply for graduate degree programs
We only review graduate degree program applications submitted through SOPHAS. We will not review applications submitted through Panthera.
- Spring MPH application deadline: SEPTEMBER 30
- Epidemiology PhD application deadline: NOVEMBER 30
- Priority deadline for all MPH tracks & the MS in Biostatistics: DECEMBER 31
- PhD (CBHP and EHS) deadline: DECEMBER 31
- International MPH and MS in Biostatistics deadline: JUNE 2, 2021
- Rolling MPH and MS in Biostatistics deadline: JULY 14, 2021
For application questions, email email@example.com to speak to an advisor.
Information Sessions are held regularly. You can find upcoming session dates and RSVP for a session here.
To be considered for admission, applicants must complete the required online application via the School of Public Health Application System (SOPHAS) (NOT the UWM Panthera application) and meet UW-Milwaukee Graduate School requirements, including the following requirements:
- GRE REQUIREMENTS: The GRE is no longer required for MPH applications. However, we will review them if you would like to attach them to your application. GRE scores are still required for PhD applications and MS applications. PhD and MS in Biostatistics applicants may request a GRE waiver or substitution in the following situations:
- You hold a terminal degree from the U.S. (e.g., PhD, JD, PharmD, MD).
- Completion of an alternative standardized test (e.g., MCAT, LSAT, GMAT). These are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Note that a waiver must be requested and granted by admissions staff at the Zilber School of Public Health. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding GRE waivers and substitutions.
- USE GRE CODE: 1780
- Current resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic experience and potential for graduate work in public health
- Official transcripts from all college-level institution attended sent directly to SOPHAS. For information on how to send your transcripts to SOPHAS, follow this link.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Exceptions can be made. Please visit the Graduate School Admissions page for additional information: https://uwm.edu/graduateschool/admission/
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Visit the Center for International Education’s website to find additional information regarding English proficiency requirements: https://uwm.edu/cie/international-admissions/application-requirements/
Some scholarships are available. In order to be considered for scholarships and funding opportunities, you must have applied by our priority deadline of December 31, 2020.