- This event has passed.
On Public Health Presents: Novel Coronavirus – 2019 (COVID-19) – What We Know and What We Need to Consider
February 26 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pmFree
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, the official name given by the World Health Organization on February 11, 2020, has created an ongoing public health emergency in China and elsewhere in the world.
The goals of the UWM Zilber School of Public Health’s On Public Health Panel Discussion are to:
- Raise the public’s awareness of COVID-19 in Milwaukee County.
- Educate the general public about the state of the epidemiology, diagnosis, clinical course, and treatment strategies for COVID-19 disease.
- Provide guidance to public health professionals and/or health care providers on key measures for reducing the risk of transmission from Persons Under Investigation (PUI).
- Consider public health implications related to preparedness, misinformation, media, and political and social issues.
- Alice Yan, PhD; Moderator, Associate Professor, Zilber School of Public Health
- Allen Bateman, PhD, MPH; Assistant Director, Communicable Diseases, WI State Lab of Hygiene
- Julie Bonner, MD; Campus Health Officer, UWM Norris Health Center
- Julie Katrichis, MSN, RN, CNL; Director, Clinical Operations, City of Milwaukee Health Dept.
- Sylvia Munoz-Price, MD, PhD.; Enterprise Epidemiologist, Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin; Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin
4:30-5:00 p.m. – Networking
5:00-6:30 p.m. – Panel Discussion
Please RSVP to George Henion at firstname.lastname@example.org.