Since 2007 the Manfred Olson Planetarium has been sharing the wonders of the cosmos with the community. From public shows to private groups, hundreds of thousands of people have discovered how fascinating the cosmos can be. Your gift of any size makes a difference in helping us support our students, maintain our equipment, and host free events.
Consider making a gift to the Planetarium today!
Checks can be made payable to UWM Foundation — Manfred Olson Planetarium Fund (2712.00) and mailed to:
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201
For more information about planned giving and corporate and foundation philanthropy, please visit the UWM Office of Development.
What Your Donation Supports
Your support benefits all UWM Panthers and the wider community by helping us provide high-quality, engaging, live programs for all. We depend on your support to maintain our affordable prices while continuing to pay for our extremely talented staff, our innovative events, and our hardware and software needs.
Here are some examples of what your contributions support:
- Special events such as our Lunar Party to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing (PDF).
- Scholarships for the Planetarium’s talented and hard-working undergraduate student staff members.
- Stipends for collaborations with underrepresented audiences, such as for our Indigenous Voices program (PDF).
- Upgrades to our equipment, such as the new, computerized mount for our telescope that allows us to go to night sky objects with the push of a button.
- Licensing to run the simulation software, Uniview, which allows us fly around galaxies and view real space objects!
Read our 2020 Donor Report (PDF) to learn more.