The Office of Undergraduate Research Program at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is excited to be hosting the 19th annual UW-System Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity on April 28, 2021.
Information about Registration
- Registration will be open until March 20th, 2021. Visit our website to find the link to register.
- UWM will cover the registration fee and will be invoiced directly for its participants.
- If there are multiple authors on a project, we ask that only one student register.
- The lead student must provide all students’ names, email addresses, levels in school, majors, hometowns & home states, and current mailing addresses. Please have students coordinate with their group members to collect this information.
- Depending on a presentation’s research topic, students associated with that project will be assigned to one of the following time slots to be available via Webex to answer questions about their presentation: 12:00pm-1:30pm, 2:00pm-3:30pm, or 4:00pm-5:30pm. Our office will communicate with students regarding their assigned time slot after registration closes.
- There are three types of presentation formatting options: poster presentation, oral presentation, or an exhibit, performance, or demonstration.
- If students are submitting a poster presentation, they must upload a poster in a “.pdf” format and a separate 2-5 minute voiceover video highlighting their research. The video will need to be uploaded to YouTube as “unlisted”.
- If students are submitting an oral presentation, they will be asked to upload a 8 10 minute video of their presentation highlighting their research. The video will need to be uploaded to YouTube as “unlisted”.
- If students are submitting an exhibit, performance, or demonstration, they must submit two videos, one 5-10 minute video that displays their exhibit, performance, or demonstration, and a second 2-3 minute video that includes a voiceover that describes their exhibit/performance. The video will need to be uploaded to YouTube as “unlisted”.
- Instructions on how to upload a video can be found in the registration form (videos will be uploaded as “unlisted” and will only be accessible through the UW System Symposium virtual event).