- This event has passed.
July 15, 2021: GO FoRWARD Student Research Symposium
July 15 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
GO FoRWARD is a program funded by the National Science Foundation to introduce underrepresented students to the geosciences major, research, and careers (https://sites.uwm.edu/goforward/). The undergraduates involved in the program this year have conducted a 4 week long research project and would love to share what they have learned:
- Rocks Group: measured fractures in bedrock in southeastern Wisconsin
- Fossils Group: looked at Silurian reef fossil communities in Racine
- Water Group: monitored the ground water system on the UWM main campus
Ways to Attend:
- If you are on campus, you may attend in-person in N103 Lapham Hall (first floor of Lapham Hall on side of building facing Maryland Avenue). Our GO FoRWARD group is practicing social distancing and wearing masks indoors to protect any vulnerable participants.
- If you prefer to attend online, please join us via Zoom webinar at the following link (no code required):
We hope you can attend to support these hard-working students and learn a little bit about their findings about the local geology in southeast Wisconsin.