Tips for Applying
Most scholarships are awarded solely on the application submitted, without the opportunity of a personal interview.
It is important to present a professional, positive, and accurate application. Be sure to apply only if you are eligible. The following suggestions may assist you with the application process:
- Be thorough and accurate. Incomplete applications do not best represent you and may affect your eligibility.
- Tell your story. This can often be the most important part of the entire application process. This is your only opportunity to share who you are and your unique circumstances. This can help illustrate your financial need and why you deserve the scholarship.
- Seek solid recommendation letters. These can really help boost your application. Be sure to ask those who can positively attest to your character and commitment.
- Meet deadlines. Be sure to submit your application on time.
- Ask questions. Work directly with the scholarship coordinator for questions or clarification. Contact the Office of Student Scholarships for assistance.
To contact the Office of Student Scholarships, use this online contact form. If you have a question about a specific scholarship, include the name of the scholarship and the School/College/Department that awarded it to you or administers it.
Mellencamp Hall, Room 162
2442 E. Kenwood Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53211