Accepting Your Award
Check Your Email
- Financial aid is offered once the review of your FAFSA and any additional required documents has been completed.
- You are notified via email and asked to view your awards online under the Finances tab of your PAWS account.
- Regularly check your university email for notifications from the Financial Aid Office. If you have not been assigned an email, we will use the email address you used when you applied for admission to communicate with you.
- Awarding aid to new students begins in mid-December.
- Continuing students are awarded starting in mid-March.
Important Enrollment Information:
- Initial financial aid awards assume full-time enrollment for the fall and spring terms.
- Full-time is twelve (12) credits for undergraduates; eight (8) credits for graduates; and three (3) credits for dissertators.
- Notify us if you will be enrolled less than full-time so adjustments can be made that will allow your aid to disburse.
- Once the add/drop period has concluded, we will make adjustments based upon actual enrollment for anyone who is still waiting for their aid to disburse.
Review Your Award
You need to accept or decline the aid offered via your PAWS Self Service. Review our Financial Aid PAWS Tutorial for help. Complete this requirement within 30 days of the aid being offered to you.
Adjust Your Award
Your aid can be adjusted at any point during the year for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:
- you receive other financial resources (tuition waivers and scholarships) after your initial award is posted, or
- you make corrections to your FAFSA or enrollment.
Let us know as soon as possible if this occurs so adjustments can be made. If your aid is adjusted, you will receive an email notification.
If you/your family have special circumstances that you believe should be taken into consideration (e.g. you are no longer receiving an income source, a significant change in income is expected, etc.) you may contact our office or review and submit the Special Circumstance Form. We will review any information you send and let you know if additional documentation is required. You can find that form for 2018-2019 here. The Special Circumstance Form for 2019-20 can be found here.