The most common way of setting up a showing is through a phone call, this is the fastest and most direct way to set up a showing but email can also be an option. In order to be prepared have the following information handy when contacting a landlord:
- The name of the landlord you are contacting
- The address/building name of the property you are interested in
- The date you would like to move in
- Dates and times that would work for the showing
- Any additional questions you may have about the property (pets, parking, utilities, etc)
If the landlord doesn’t answer their phone, or you choose to send an email, be sure to include the information above, be detailed! Also be sure to leave several ways they can contact you and if you have preferred times to be contacted.