UWM is where we work. Teams is how we work.
Teams will continue to transform UWM to ensure faculty and staff have a single platform for collaboration (online meetings, telephony, chat, etc.)
In late October 2021, the College of General Studies (CGS) will have its telephony services migrated to Microsoft Teams. The College of General Studies has had Teams and its telephony capabilities since the project’s initial rollout, but starting this semester, Teams will replace existing traditional phones at both campuses, simultaneously.
CGS employees have full access to the Microsoft Teams platform, please use the resources below to get better acquainted with Teams before the phone migration. Please note: Meetings regarding shared phone lines are currently taking place. If you are unsure if you need a meeting or if your shared line has been scheduled, please contact your location’s liaison (listed below).
- To install using Microsoft 365
- To install with Windows
- To install with Mac OS
- Install with Mobile IOS App
- Install with Mobile Android App
If you have any questions or issues, please contact your location’s liaison:
- Paul Price (UW-Washington County) – email@example.com
- Tim Thering (UW-Waukesha) – firstname.lastname@example.org
or the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or visit uwm.edu/help.
Please note: The 911 system in Teams will enable you to place a call from your computer to a 911 operator if there is power to your computer and it has an internet connection. Your location information will be your office location at UWM. If you are not in your office, you will need to provide your current location to the 911 operator. If calling 911, it is recommended that you verify your location with the 911 operator.
Looking for ways to familiarize yourself with Teams? Look no further!Teams Tips
Check out the library of Teams Tips, with new tips added on a regular basis.
Want to see Teams in action? Check out the online Teams Demo (approx 15 mins).
Attend an online Teams Training course to learn the basics of Microsoft Teams! View the course schedule and course recording on UWM TechTraining Online Training page. This fall, we have three Teams courses scheduled to help familiarize new users with the platform:
- Teams Calls – Tuesday, October 26, 10-11 am, no registration necessary, click here to join
- Teams Calls: Shared Phone Numbers – Thursday, October 28, 10-11 am, no registration necessary, click here to join
- Collaborating with Teams – Thursday, November 18, 10-11 am, no registration necessary, click here to join
You can also download the hands-on training manual from the UWM TechTraining Resources page.
Visit the UWM KnowledgeBase to learn more about Teams:
- Teams Overview
- Manage Activity
- Set Your Status
- Manage Priority Access
- Manage Contacts and Chat
- Accessing Files
- Calendaring and Virtual Meetings
- Recording Meetings
- Change an Existing Meeting to a Teams Meeting
- How to Join a Teams Meeting
- Dialing in to a Teams Meeting
- Make an Internal Phone Call without a Phone Number
- Live Events
- Collaborate with External Guests
- Use a Code to Join a Team
- Teams Calls
View free, online Microsoft Teams courses using LinkedIn Learning. Not a registered user? Visit the UWM LinkedIn Learning page for information on how to create an account.
If you have questions about Teams, please review our FAQ page: https://uwm.edu/o365/teams-faqs/