Lisa Mihlbauer, MS, RN, IBCLC, CNE
MSN University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
BSN University of Wisconsin-Madison
Ms. Mihlbauer currently teaches the RN-BSN Capstone course as well as the Women’s Health theory courses in both the undergraduate and MN programs. She also teaches in the senior clinical courses. Her guest lectures have included topics on maternity, women’s health, breastfeeding and infant growth and development.
Ms. Mihlbauer was instrumental in the design and development of new nursing education courses related to women’s health, health assessment and promotion as well as the RN-BSN Capstone course.
- 2007 Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award – UW-Milwaukee College of Nursing
- Current member of the UW-Milwaukee Flex Competency development team for the RN-BSN program in nursing
Recent professional development
- Designed, developed and implemented first ever Nurse Educator Academy for all faculty and academic staff teaching in the undergraduate nursing program at UW-Milwaukee in August, 2013.
- Board certifications:
- Certified nurse educator (NLN)
- Certified international lactation consultant (IBCLC)
- Certified childbirth educator (ICEA)
- Current member of the 12 member Undergraduate Curriculum Redesign Committee working to redesign our current undergraduate baccalaureate nursing curriculum