Get involved in global health at UWM!
The Center for Global Health Equity coordinates study abroad programs, hosts visiting international scholars, organizes conferences and programs, offers courses in global health, fosters overseas research, and more — all with the goal of improving the health and well-being of communities around the world.
Center for Global Health Equity Facts:
- Over 500 students have completed newly-developed global health courses since 2013;
- Over $3 million in funding has been received for global health research projects;
- New Global Health baccalaureate degree began in Fall 2017;
- New Certificate in Global Health was launched in 2014;
- New Spanish for Health Professionals Certificate was launched in 2015;
- Key partners include: Kamuzu College of Nursing, University of Malawi (Malawi Miqlat-Malawi), School of Nursing Sciences, University of Nairobi (Kenya), Boromarajonani College of Nursing (Thailand) and Jiao Tong University (China).