What should I do if I was sexually assaulted?

If you are currently experiencing an emergency, call 911 (9-911 from an on-campus phone) 24 hours a day.

Campus Options

  • Victim Advocacy: Norris Health Center’s confidential Victim Advocate can help you understand and navigate your options of services for students who have been impacted by sexual and/or relationship violence. If you would like to speak with our Victim/Survivor Advocate, contact 414-229-4582 or victimadvocacy@uwm.edu.
  • Contact University Counseling Services (UCS) either by phone (414-229-4133) or by walking in to the clinic on the 5th floor of the NWQ building B to utilize on-call or scheduled counseling services. If you are in crisis or have experienced a recent sexual assault, mention this to staff and they will prioritize you being able to meet with staff that day.

Community Options

  • Aurora Healing and Advocacy Services (formerly Sexual Assault Treatment Center) offers a variety of services. (414-219-5555) 24 hours/day.
    • Victim/survivor Advocacy Services
    • 24-hour Crisis Phone Line
    • Medical Evidentiary Exam Advocacy

Counseling and Therapeutic Services

  • The National Sexual Assault Hotline offers free, confidential counseling 24 hours a day at 1-800-656-HOPE. They are a national (not local) service provider that can help connect you to local providers.