Common is Sexual Assault?
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men will experience sexual assault in their lifetime (1 in 5 college women are sexually assaulted during their time as a student) (NSVRC, 2015)
- About 80% of women will experience their first assault before the age of 25 (NSVRC, 2010)
- 28% of male rape victims were first assaulted at the age of 10 or younger (NSVRC, 2015)
- Among individuals with an intellectual disability, as many as 80% of women and 30% of men will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime (Sorenson, 2000)
- 64% of transgender individuals experience sexual assault (FORGE, 2005)