Welcome To Our Travel Clinic!
Norris Health Center is committed to helping UWM students stay healthy while traveling abroad.
Our staff of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacists:
- provide general advice for traveling
- will review your travel itinerary, personal health and immunization history, then combine information obtained from the CDC and Travax to determine your individualized travel needs
- provide travel and routine immunizations as well as prescriptions for travel*
- provide specific travel advice and handouts
*see side bar for price list
We recommend scheduling travel consultations well in advance (6-8 weeks).
- Travel Consult appointments for Asia, Africa, Central/South America and the Middle East must be scheduled at least 4 weeks prior to departure
- All other destinations require an appointment 2 weeks prior to departure
- Urgent Travel appointments that miss the above cut-offs depend on appointment availability and risk insufficient time for vaccination and/or medication effectiveness
- Allow adequate lead time for spacing of vaccinations as well as time for immunity to develop
- Allow time for travelers with health problems to obtain necessary paperwork from their healthcare providers
- Allow time to initiate anti-malarial medications if needed
To schedule an appointment for a travel consultation:
- Download and complete the
Norris Health Center Travel Form.
See tips for Locating Old Immunization Records .
- Call Norris Health Center at 414-229-4716 to schedule your 15 minute Preliminary Travel Appointment with the TRAVEL NURSE.
- Bring your completed form to your TRAVEL NURSE APPOINTMENT.
- At the appointment, the travel nurse will review the forms and health history and will then schedule you for a
- TRAVEL CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner (45 minutes)
- TRAVEL IMMUNIZATION APPOINTMENT with a nurse (30 minutes).
- Contact our travel nurse if you have any questions at 229-4039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies Specific for Travel Appointments
No Show Policy: Students who fail to keep their appointment will be charged a $10 “no show” fee.
Cancellation Policy: We are only able to cancel and reschedule an appointment once.