Norris Health Center is committed to helping UWM students stay healthy while traveling abroad.
- Will provide general advice for traveling.
- Will review your travel itinerary, personal health and immunization history, then combine information obtained from the CDC and Travax to determine your individualized travel needs.
- Will provide travel and routine immunizations as well as prescriptions for travel.
- Will provide specific travel advice and handouts.
We recommend scheduling travel consultations well in advance (6-8 weeks).
- Travel Consult appointments for Asia, Africa, Central/South America and the Middle East must be scheduled at least 4 weeks prior to departure.
- All other destinations require an appointment 2 weeks prior to departure.
To schedule an appointment for a travel consultation:
- Call Norris Health Center at (414)-229-4716 to schedule your 30 minute Preliminary Travel Appointment with the Travel Nurse.
- Download and complete the Norris Health Center Travel Form.
- Bring your completed form to your Travel Nurse Appointment.
- At the appointment, the travel nurse will review the forms and health history and will then schedule you for a
- Travel Consultation Appointment with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner (45 minutes).
- Travel Immunization Appointment with a nurse (30 minutes).
- Contact our travel nurse if you have any questions at email@example.com.