What should I do if I was sexually assaulted?

If you are currently experiencing an emergency, call 911 (9-911 from an on-campus phone) 24 hours a day. Campus Options Victim Advocacy: Norris Health Center’s confidential Victim Advocate can help you understand and navigate your options of services for students… Read More

Does UCS write appeal letters?

In certain circumstances, appeal/attendance letters can be provided, when warranted, for those who are receiving ongoing psychological or psychiatric treatment from UCS. The determination of whether documentation is provided is completed on a case by case basis. If you believe… Read More

Are counseling and psychiatry services confidential?

Your visits with the University Counseling Services staff are private and confidential with exceptions governed by state and federal laws. Your treatment and participation in UCS services is separate from your academic record at UWM. Professional limits to confidentiality include: If… Read More

Are there any services I cannot get at UCS?

University Counseling Services does not provide any mandated services or those that may require either court testimony and/or letters or reports to be filed with any legal entities. We do not provide services where litigation is either involved or pending…. Read More

Does UCS have session limits on counseling services?

In order to assist the maximum number of students who seek UCS services, treatment is offered in a variety of short-term models. While there are currently no session limits on group counseling opportunities, individual and relationship counseling services have session… Read More