Am I eligible to make an appointment at University Counseling Services?
Our services are available to UWM students currently enrolled in classes on campus and who have paid the student segregated fee. During summer, students who are not enrolled in summer classes but who were enrolled the previous academic year may pay a summer fee to access UCS services. Spring graduates are eligible for summer services by paying the summer fee.
How to make a Counseling or Psychiatry appointment?
- Contact UCS either by phone (414-229-4133) or by walking in to the clinic on the 5th floor of the NWQ building B to schedule your initial appointment.
- For all clinical services (counseling & psychiatry), your initial appointment will be a 30-minute meeting with a clinician to identify your current concerns and related goals as well as provide a best recommendation towards services.
- Upon scheduling your appointment, you may fill out the required history forms prior to your appointment by utilizing the client portal.
- Please arrive 10-15 min prior to your first appointment starting time. Due to the relatively short duration of initial appointments and high demand for services, those who arrive late to their initial appointments will be rescheduled to the next available offering.
- 8-4:45pm (Mon-Thurs); 9-4:45pm (Fri); *limited evening hours by appointment only
- Crisis Hours – walk-in appointments are available for those in clinical crisis.
9am–3pm (Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri); 10–3pm (Tues)
University Counseling Services is located on the 5th Floor of the Northwest Quadrant Building B. Use the ORANGE elevators to access the 5th floor. Exit elevator to the right and find reception at the far end of the hallway.
Phone: (414) 229-4133
Fax: (414) 229-4656