Hours and Contact Information
- UCS is open Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:45pm & Friday 9:00am- 4:45pm
- Crisis hours are Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm.
- Phone: (414) 229-4133 Fax: (414) 229-3381
For all counseling, psychiatry and case management appointments please contact us by phone (414-229-4133) to schedule your initial phone screening. Upon scheduling your appointment, please fill out the required history forms prior to your appointment by utilizing the client portal.
Our services are available to UWM students currently enrolled in classes for credit and who have paid the student segregated fee.
Accessing our counseling and psychiatry services starts with a triage appointment, which is a 15-20 minute phone screening. During the screening we gather information that helps us make a recommendation for your best next steps.
Next steps may include: a counseling intake (individual, group, or couples therapy), a medication evaluation, or a referral for care in the community through our UCS case manager.
- University Counseling Services does not provide any mandated services or those that may require either court testimony and/or letters or reports to be filed with any legal entities. We do not provide services where litigation is either involved or pending.
- We do not provide evaluation-only services or comprehensive psychological testing services, including testing for ADHD or learning disabilities. Neuropsychological testing can be pursued on campus through the UWM Psychology Clinic.
- We are not able to provide documentation for emotional support animals.