Microsoft recently introduced Teams as the replacement and expansion of Skype for Business. Because Teams is currently available to UWM’s faculty and staff through Office 365, UWM will be retiring Skype for Business on Jan. 7, 2020.
The Teams platform offers robust chat and collaboration features and integrates well with the other Office 365 products (Outlook, SharePoint, etc.).
With Teams you can:
• Use chat across devices, including mobile
• Create a Team to track chat, notes, files and meetings all in one place for a specific group
• Share files and links via chat
• Use Office 365 apps (OneNote, SharePoint, etc.) seamlessly with Teams
• Participate in audio & video conferencing
Teams training courses will be offered through UWM’s Learning TECHniques program. Please visit the website for more information and to register for an upcoming course.
To learn more about Skype’s retirement and Teams, please visit the UWM Teams webpage.