Guests attending a conference for which wireless access will be provided for attendees or who are sponsored by UWM faculty or staff can obtain access to UWM WiFi’s wireless connection via the “UWMSponsored” option. This option is used for invited guests who require uninterrupted, high speed wireless Internet access.
Guests using this option must be sponsored by UWM faculty or staff who will assume responsibility for guests’ use of the UWM WiFi service. Guests are given a user name and password which only allows access to the UWM WiFi UWMSponsored option.
NOTE: This wireless option is only available in buildings with the UWM WiFi service. Consult the UWM WiFi Availability Web page for a list of buildings with the service. All other buildings have the PROWLnet wireless service which does not require credentials for access.
Faculty and staff who would like to request wireless access via the UWMSponsored access should:
To request sponsored guest access:
- Contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the online request form GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
- Include the following information:
- Timeframe for which access is required (up to 2 weeks)
- Guest name and affiliation/institution/organization
- Sponsor’s name and contact information including phone and email
- Purpose for guest’s visit
- A UWM Help Desk Technician will provide a user name and password to you via email.
One user name and password can be provided per event for multiple guests to use.
Use of the Sponsored option does NOT require device set-up. Faculty and staff sponsors may distribute the “Connecting to UWM Sponsored Wireless option” guideline to guests as needed.
NOTE: If the guest is from a participating eduroam institution, they may be able to use their local credentials to access the UWM WiFi eduroam option. However, they must have their device configured at their home institution in order to use UWM WiFi’s eduroam option.