Instructions to set-up personally-owned devices for eduroam are below. If you have a University-owned device, check with your IT support professional.
- In order to complete the set-up process, you must input your home institution’s user name as well as your domain and the corresponding password. For UWM faculty, staff and students, enter your ePantherID@uwm.edu. This must be done in an area with UWM WiFi service.
- To access wireless service at an eduroam participating institution, use the instructions below and input “eduroam” as the selected wireless option.
- Devices should be virus-free and have the latest operating system updates.
- Not all mobile/Android devices support 802.1x authentication. If you have questions or issues with your device, please contact your vendor or manufacturer for assistance.
Printed instructions are also available at the:
- Walk-in Help Desk in Bolton 225
- Library Learning Commons
Hands-on assistance is available at the Walk-in Help Desk in Bolton 225 and Library Learning Commons (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. –5 p.m.).
Instructions (pdf format):
Support for members of the UWM Community visiting other eduroam-member locations:
Before you visit another eduroam location, make sure you configure your device to work with the eduroam wireless network at UWM.
If your device can successfully connect to eduroam at UWM you should not need to make any changes to use your device when at another eduroam location.
Support for visitors to the UWM campus:
Before you visit UWM, make sure you configure your device to work with the eduroam wireless network at your home institution.
If your device can successfully connect to eduroam at your home institution you should not need to make any changes to use your device at UWM. Please note that UWM cannot assist you in configuring your wireless device and can only answer questions regarding availability of the eduroam service at UWM.