18th Annual Housing Fair Information for Participating Rental Companies
Where is the Event Located?
Student Union Concourse, 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd.
When is the Event?
Wednesday, April 4th, 2018, 10:00am-5:00pm
This is a great opportunity to get publicity in one of the busiest locations on UWM’s campus. In past years, we have served over 1,000 students in just seven hours.
How Much Does it Cost to Reserve a Table?
$100 per table for the entire duration of the event (7 hours) and a donation of two (2) $25 raffle prizes for students. The registration fee of $100, raffle prizes, and the completed registration form is due by 3:00pm on Monday, March 26th, 2018. Registration fees are completely refundable if reservation is cancelled by March 28th, 2018.
Please note: Your payment serves as a deposit to hold your spot at the fair. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, and money order.
Checks and Money Orders can be mailed to the address below, and must be received by the NHO no later than the registration deadline.
UWM Neighborhood Housing Office
2200 E. Kenwood Blvd, Union WG85
Milwaukee, WI 53211
How Do I Register My Rental Company?
Complete the registration form and submit payment and donations prior to March 26th. Space is both limited and in high demand so we grant space on a first come, first serve basis with priority granted to past Housing Fair Participants. Companies with 15 available units or more are encouraged to attend and table at the event. Companies with fewer than 15 units are welcome to submit promotional materials to be displayed on a designated table.
Registration materials are due by 3:00pm on Monday, March 26, 2018. A member of our staff team will contact you by e-mail to confirm your registration. Tables will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Failure to submit registration with payment by the deadline may result in forfeiture of a reservation.
What are the Requirements?
- A minimum of 10 available units for the 18-19 academic year.
- If you have less than this, contact the Neighborhood Housing Office to see how you can still participate!
- Typed, Information Advertisements (for each rental unit)
- Please do not use hand written ads or printouts from our website. Bring enough copies for the entire event as we will not make copies on site. All ads must include a contact person’s full name, phone number, e-mail address, type of rental unit (house, flat, apartment, efficiency, studio, etc.), the date rental unit is available, address of rental unit, and number of bedrooms.
- If you are advertising for more than three tenants in one unit, you must provide a copy of a valid Rooming House License from the City of Milwaukee.
- Promotional or Giveaway Items
- Promotional items are designed to draw attention to your table. Please note not all students may take items, but the more interesting the item(s) provided, the more likely our students will stop by your both and check out your information. Examples include magnets, post-it notes, pens, or key chains… all with your branding information, of course!
- Please Note: Food and candy distribution are prohibited by university policy.
- Student Prizes
- These items are considered something with higher monetary value per item than promotional items. All participating landlords are expected to provide a minimum of two prizes and each prize must be valued at $25 or more. Each table registration requires two prizes. All prizes will be entered into a drawing for our student participants. An example would be two gift cards of $25 each for the UWM Bookstore. Please do not provide prizes related to alcohol consumption, illegal behavior, etc., including gift cards for business providing alcohol.
- Table Display Item(s)
- Overall presentation of your rental units at the booth is imperative in maintaining the high quality of this event. Each participant is required to bring at least two (2) items for your table display (see examples on registration form). Each table provides approximately four feet. All participants will have access to a free wireless internet connection but please note any need for electricity on your registration sheet.