Homecoming 2019 was one for the books. We cannot wait for 2020 to show our Panther Pride by Painting the Town Black and Gold! Stay tuned for upcoming dates.
- The entry deadline for the contest is Monday, October 28th.
- Student organization window design plan and draft example and Hold Harmless Release Form completed by both the student org and business manager must be submitted in person to the Neighborhood Housing Office before decorating may begin and no later than Thursday, October 31st by the end of the day. Approval/revisions will be given within 24-48 hours. It is in organizations best interest to submit design plan and example draft as early as possible.
- Decorating may start on Friday, November 1st and must be complete by November 6th at noon (12pm). Student organizations must coordinate when to get the decorating done. Dates of decoration must be agreed upon by both the Student Organization and the Business contact person.
- Photo submissions for judging of window decorations submitted to email@example.com by November 6th at 12pm noon. Photos of window decorations will be featured on the Neighborhood Housing Website, Newsletter, Social Media, and at the Panther Arena during the Men’s Basketball game on Saturday, November 9th.
- Judging will take place November 6th-8th.
- Winners will be announced at the basketball game on November 9th. Representatives from your student organization must be present to win.
- Student Organizations must clean-up window decorations no later than Sunday, November 10th at 5pm.
- Business managers should express interest in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in having their business windows painted by Friday, October 25th. Please include the business name, manager name, manager contact phone number, and manager contact email in interest email.
- If your business already has a sponsorship package with the Neighborhood Housing Office valued at $500 or more, the Neighborhood Housing Office will supply the paint and other supplies needed. If you do not have a sponsorship agreement with the Neighborhood Housing Office but want our office to provide the supplies, there will be a charge of $100.
- Businesses will be matched with a student organization via an email contact between October 25th and October 31st.
- Hold Harmless Release Form completed by both the student org and business manager must be submitted in person to the Neighborhood Housing Office before decorating may begin and no later than October 31st at 5pm, late submissions will not be accepted.
- Businesses are encouraged to supply the painting and clean-up supplies for the student organization to ensure damage is not done to the window decorating area by use of improper supplies up to a total of $200. Student Organizations have been instructed to only use supplies supplied by each business. Suggestions for supplies are included below in a separate document.
- Decorating may start on November 1st and must be complete by November 6th at noon. Student organizations must coordinate with business when to get the decorating done. Dates of decoration must be agreed upon by both the Student Organization and the Business contact person.
- Clean-up: Student Organizations will be responsible for cleaning the window properly (as detailed in hold harmless agreement) by 3pm on Sunday, November 10th at 5pm, unless determined otherwise in the Hold Harmless Agreement.
To enter your student organization in the contest, complete this form by October 28th with the following information:
- First and Last name of Student Organization Point Person and 3 other participating members of your student organization
- Contact Person Phone number
- Contact Person UWM E-mail
- If selecting your own business to partner with, please e-mail the managers contact information to email@example.com when you submit your organization for entry into the contest. The Neighborhood Housing Office will send your approval to paint by 5pm on Friday, November 1st.
Once student organizations receive business match information, student organizations must reach out to the business contact person to establish a time to paint the business’s windows between the dates of November 1st and November 6th.
For questions, please contact the Neighborhood Housing Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (414) 229-6999, or stop into the Neighborhood Housing Office in the Student Union, WG85.
- Paintings must be based off the theme (“Bring the Roar”). Winner will be announced at the basketball game on November 9th against Western Michigan. Representatives from your student organization must be present to win.
- Windows must be painted on the outside of the business window unless otherwise agreed upon between student org and business.
- The window pane must be painted in good taste and incorporate UW-Milwaukee, the Homecoming theme, and the student organization in the design.
- Appropriate content: Portraying your organization and/or school in a positive light. Making visuals/writing unique, eye-catching, etc.
- Disqualifying content: Threatening, discriminatory, hateful or harassing visuals and/or language. Negatively portraying any organization or school.
- At least 4 members of your organization must decorate the window. The more the merrier!
- You must decorate in specified window(s). Your business partner will let you know exactly which ones.
- You must use the supplies provided by your business partner or the Neighborhood Housing Office. Check with the Neighborhood Housing Office to see where your supplies are coming from! Only tempera paints can be used for the window designs! No glitter, glitter paints, or any glitter products can be used. Businesses have the discretion to supply whatever supplies they desire and have been recommended the following: paint, stencils, brushes, and a drop cloth.
- Both the business and the student organization must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement which is to be delivered in person to the Neighborhood Housing Office prior to design approval or decorating.
- In the event of rain or dangerous weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Clean-up: student organizations will be responsible for cleaning the window properly by 5pm on Sunday, November 10th, unless determined otherwise in the Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Student Organizations that decorate windows with disqualifying content, fail to receive proper approval, or fail to properly clean the windows of the business will be subject to a $250 charge posted to the student organizations account.
- Judging will be based on the following: creativity, originality, incorporation of UWM & homecoming theme, use of space, and overall effect.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be recognized and prizes will be announced at the 6pm November 9th Men’s Basketball game.
1st place winners will receive a MKE Party Deck VIP experience at men’s basketball home game. This includes food/snacks within the deck and a space to hang out and socialize. Winner will also be featured on the video board during the game within the space.
Additionally, 1st place will receive $300 in prize money eligible for use toward Union Marketing or Event Services charges.
2nd place wins $200 in prize money eligible for use toward Union Marketing or Event Services charges.
3rd place wins $100 in prize money eligible for use toward Union Marketing or Event Services charges.
Prize stipulations are as follows:
- Prize amounts may be used between Union Marketing and Union Event Services in any combination, up to the total award amount.
- Prize funding must be used by May 7, 2020 (last day of Spring 2020 semester).
- All regular event-planning and marketing timelines and processes apply to the use of these funds.
Check out this year’s winner!