COAST is a program through the Neighborhood Housing Office and Neighborhood Relations that calls upon the Neighborhood Housing Office team to serve as liaisons between the University, landlords, student tenants and their neighbors. The Neighborhood Housing Office team which includes the Neighborhood Housing & Relations Coordinator and the External Relations Student Assistants are a tremendous resource for students already living off-campus or looking to move off-campus in future years. The following programs, services, and initiatives fall within the COAST program:
- Attendance and representation at Neighborhood Associations near UWM’s main campus
- Peer-to-Peer follow-ups with students who live near campus who may be in need of resources and support from the University
- Preferred Tenant Program
- Rental Company and Landlord/Property Manager Rating System
- The Good Neighbor Program is a designation badge rental companies, landlords, and rental units earn for going above and beyond the set standards of the Neighborhood Housing Office and the City of Milwaukee.
- Panther Neighborhood Watch Pledge
- and much more!