A resource created for finding recovery programs and support groups.
- Addiction Center
This resource provides current information on addiction and reviews of treatment centers throughout the country.
- The Recovery of Hope: This video helps women explore the ramifications of their substance abuse during pregnancy, as women share their personal stories.
- Free Membership at Betty Brinn Children’s Museum:
Check out the website to learn more about this great opportunity and to find out if you and your family qualifies.
- Delighting in Writing – Center for Early Literacy Learning (CELL)
When young children are given opportunities, they can actively construct meaningful pictures and stories using written symbols.
As a child grows they achieve different milestones along the way. The Center for Disease Control has put together milestone checklists for various ages:
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 1 year
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Zero to Three: Parent guides and tip sheets for your child’s development
- Parenting the First Year
You can use the newsletter series to find out from child development experts how your baby changes during each month of the first year.
- Parenting the Second and Third Years
In this set of 12 newsletters, find out from child development experts how your toddler changes during each two months of the second and third years.
Click here to access all of UW-Extension’s parenting newsletters and other parenting resources
- Better Kid Care
Provides parents with tips, activities and lunch/snack ideas for children.
Active Early and Healthy Bites.
- The Wisconsin Immunization Registry: Their website allows parents to retrieve their child’s immunization record.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
Takes a comprehensive look at potential physical health outcomes of adverse childhood experiences on us, as adults.
- Home Visiting
A Closer Look. PEW Charitable trusts. What the benefits of home visiting are from a parents perspective.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Rituals and Routines: Supporting Infants and Toddlers and Their Families.
- The Parenting Network
Parenting tips and helpful information.
- National Fatherhood Initiative
Many resources for fathers and for working with fathers.
- Want Happier Kids? Cuddle More Yahoo Parenting
- Abusive Head Trauma: How to Protect Your Baby HealthyChildren.Org
- The Difference Between Tantrums and Sensory Meltdowns, Understood
- The Neuroscience of Calming a Baby, Psychology Today
- Getting attached: Parental attachment and child development Brookings
- The Scientific Evidence Against Spanking, Timeouts, and Sleep Training Quartz
- Forbes: Can We Stop A Traumatized Child From Becoming A Traumatized Adult?
- Penn State: Helping parents understand infant sleep patterns
- In the Playroom: Helping Your Child’s Speech and Language
- Desert News – National : How raising kids within routines boosts social and emotional health
- The Atlantic: How Supportive Parenting Protects the Brain
- Postpartum Support International: Facts, resources, and support for women dealing with postpartum mood and anxiety disorders.
- Pregnancy Help
About the YWCA Nurse-Family Partnership program of Metropolitan Dallas. Hear from women who participated in the program and nurses themselves who work in the program. For information on the Nurse-Family Partnership in WI, click here.
- Expecting a baby! Our Preparing to Parent newsletters cover each trimester of pregnancy and help you prepare for birth and beyond.
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby: Guidelines from the City of Milwaukee Health Department
Check out this free University sponsored online community for parents of kids ages 10-16. It’s a parenting website, blog and social network all in one place. Gain new insights as you connect with other parents.