State Online Systems
Administrative Codes and State Standards
- Chapter 48 – Children’s Code
- Chapter 938 – Juvenile Justice Code
- DCF 37 – Information to be provided to foster parents
- DCF 53 – Adoption information for search and disclosure
- DCF 56 – Foster home care for children
Child Welfare Related Resource Organizations
- Action for Child Protection: ACTION is a national child welfare consulting organization. Website includes resources around safety intervention and decision making.
- Casey Family Programs: Casey Family Programs is the nation’s largest operating foundation focused on safely reducing the need for foster care and building Communities of Hope for children and families across America. Website includes resources around Casey initiatives, trainings, and child welfare “news.”
- Child Welfare Information Gateway: Child Welfare Information Gateway promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children, youth, and families by connecting child welfare, adoption, and related professionals as well as the public to information, resources, and tools covering topics on child welfare, child abuse and neglect, out-of-home care, adoption, and more.
- Child Welfare League of America: CWLA is a powerful coalition of hundreds of private and public agencies serving children and families that are vulnerable, focusing on policies, programs, and practices help improve the lives of millions of children across the country.
- National Indian Child Welfare Association: NICWA is a national voice for American Indian children and families. We are the most comprehensive source of information on American Indian child welfare and the only national American Indian organization focused specifically on the tribal capacity to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Social Work Policy Institute: The Social Work Policy Institute examines issues that relate to the work of social workers, including how to serve people who have multiple or complex needs and how public agencies and other structures deliver health and human services.
Professional Social Work Associations