Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership Purpose, Mission and Philosophy Statement
Purpose: Providing innovative professional development opportunities and enhancing the capacity of those who support Wisconsin’s children and families.
Mission: We are dedicated to bringing a passion for learning to professionals, partners and parents through a collaborative, comprehensive, research-based system of professional development focused on the well-being of children and families.
Philosophy: The values we hold in fulfilling our purpose and mission include commitment to:
- Cross-sector partnerships built on trust, teamwork, inclusivity and continual feedback to assure that we are meeting the needs of our partners.
- An inspirational, learner-centered approach based on adult learning principles and instructional design, flexibility and the ability to respond to diverse learning styles. Our professional development services are strength-based and respond to the unique needs of every learner.
- Quality training that is research-based and evidence-informed. We believe that high quality professional development builds competence and confidence among professionals and ultimately benefits the families we serve.
- The highest standards of ethical behavior and professionalism. This includes profound respect for learners and the families they serve. We strive for integrity in all that we do.
- Respect for individuals, cultures, norms, traditions and lifestyles. We respond to the diverse needs of our learners and the communities in which they work with cultural humility and intelligence.
- Respect for the inherent worth and dignity of others and embrace the understanding that human relationships are a vehicle for change.