Rebecca Bourn, PhD
Assistant to the Graduate Program Chair; Calculus Coordinator; Assistant Faculty Associate
Mathematical Sciences - General
Eng & Math Sciences E463
- PhD, University of Virginia, 1997
- MAM, University of Virginia
- BS cum laude, Milligan College, 1990
Selected Service and Projects
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Bourn, R and SC Baxter. “Creating Environments for Fostering Effective Critical Thinking in Mathematics Education (Math-EFFECTs)”. American Society for Engineering Education, 121st Annual Conference & Exposition. June 15-18, 2014.
- Bourn, R, BS Fralik, and SC Baxter. “Distributions of elastic moduli in mechanically percolating composites”. Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, (2013).
- Bourn, R and SC Baxter. “Developing Mathematical Intuition by Building Estimation Skills”. American Society for Engineering Education, 120th Annual Conference & Exposition. June 23-26, 2013.
- Bourn, R, TE Peterson, and HG Wood. “Solution of the pancake model for flow in a gas centrifuge by means of a temperature potential”. Computer Methods in Appl Mech and Eng, 178 (1-2) (1999).
- Bourn, R, RJ Babarsky, and HG Wood. “Onsager’s Minimum Principle Revisited”. Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Separation Phenomena in Liquids and Gases. 1994.