The Lubar Entrepreneurship Center was once again filled with activity this summer and buzzing with innovation and creativity. With one month of summer remaining and a new academic year rapidly approaching, we’d like to take a minute to look back on the summer’s highlights.
- 1500 tour guests explored campus with the Welcome Center.
- 200 new post-it pads restocked.
- 62 ice cream treats consumed at the LEC Ice Cream Social.
- 51 participants on 10 teams completed the National Science Foundation I-Corp program to become the 19th cohort of the Milwaukee I-Corps Program.
- 25 Business Model Canvas filled out.
- 18 Ph.D. students completed the Graduate Student I-Corp Program Pilot.
- 12 participants in the annual K-12 Teachers workshop held in person in the Lubar Entrepreneurship Center.
- 6 local high-school and middle-school teachers participated in the six-week NSF Research Experience for Teachers program run by Dr. Ilya Avdeev.
- 5 UWM students joined Stanford’s University Innovation Fellows training program.
- 3 BMC (Business Model Canvas) sessions held at the Lubar Entrepreneurship Center, where staff, faculty, and students worked to generate a BMC around a student’s idea.
- 3 new members to the LEC team: Amelia Coffaro – Well Entrepreneur in Residence, Lilith Lenz – Innovation Intern, and Mitchell Janezic – Innovation Intern.
The Lubar Entrepreneurship Center is refreshed, reset, and renewed for the fall semester. We can’t wait to see what the new semester brings!