Our Loaner Laptop Program is designed for L&S employees who will be:
- using the loaner laptop for research or other professional purposes such as field research or professional conference attendance;
- requiring a loaner laptop for a “middle-term” duration such as a week or two; or
- traveling out-of-town (that is, the laptop will be used in a national or international trip, not in the local Milwaukee area).
Requests for in-town laptop use may be considered, provided that use serves research or other professional purposes. However, such requests will be subordinated to requests for out-of-town use.
For short-term, on-campus laptop use, LSITO recommends that L&S staff members contact UITS Classroom support by calling (414)229-5527 or visiting the AV Equipment Reservation form.
L&S Laptops are loaned by the IT Office under the following general terms:
- The borrower must be a faculty or full-time staff member of UWM’s College of Letters and Science.
- Requests for loaner laptops must be made by L&S faculty and staff through the online Loaner Laptop Request Form.
- Requests must be submitted 48 hours prior to the intended pick-up date; otherwise LSITO cannot ensure availability. In response to their online form submissions, prospective L&S borrowers will be contacted by LSITO and informed whether their requests can be accommodated.
- Borrowers must complete a “loan agreement form” when they pick up their loaner laptops from the L&S IT Office in Merrill 214.
- Loan periods are in one-week increments, from one (1) to two (2) weeks at a time. Any loan extensions must be approved by a LSITO staff member.
- If there is a theft or the equipment is discovered missing, the borrower agrees to notify the L&S IT Office immediately, to submit a Police report with the proper authorities, and to otherwise assist with recovery of the equipment.