Your Next Chapter Begins at UWM
Discover why UW-Milwaukee is the most popular destination for students who are transferring within the UW System. Transferring to UWM is a straightforward process, thanks to an admissions advisor who specifically works with transfer students. Once you’re on campus, you’ll find immediate support through an assigned peer mentor, an academic advisor, and easy-access services like tutoring and the Writing Center. UWM also offers a residence hall community just for transfer students.
More Reasons Transfer Students Choose UWM:
- A wide range of majors to explore, as well as pre-professional programs and certificates.
- Easy-to-find communities within 300 student orgs and campus centers, like the LGBTQ+ Resource Center and the Roberto Hernández Center.
- Campus is in a cozy East Side neighborhood five minutes from Lake Michigan and 10 minutes from downtown.
- Professional networking through regular on-campus career and internship fairs.
- The Student Success Center offers tutoring in small groups, by appointment and drop-in, as well as supplemental instruction and academic advising.
- Paid internship opportunities throughout Milwaukee, no matter your major.
- Hands-on learning, from nursing clinicals to student teaching, that helps students build their resumes before graduation.
- World-class faculty committed to providing excellent academic mentorship.
- UWM’s Honors College offers high-achieving students discussion-based seminars that build toward an honors degree.
- Accelerated master’s programs that allow students to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years.
- Architectural Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Information Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Social Work
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
Financial Aid for Transfer Students
The majority of UWM students receive financial aid — usually a combination of scholarships, loans, grants and part-time jobs on campus. In a typical year, UWM offers $20 million in scholarships to its students, and several of UWM’s schools and colleges offer scholarships specifically for incoming transfer students.