The Music Collection is part of the UWM Libraries.
For help using the Music Collection,
- contact the Music & Performing Arts Librarian
- use our Ask a Librarian chat service.
All music materials may be found by using Search@UW, the online catalog for the UWM Libraries. Services related to the collection include:
Research Instruction and Consultations
- The Music & Performing Arts Librarian supports research and instruction in Music, Dance, and Theater.
- Instructors can book a course-integrated instruction session with the Music & Performing Arts Librarian.
- Students, faculty, and staff can request a one-on-one research consultation with the Music & Performing Arts Librarian.
- Library staff are available for live chat questions 24/7 via our Ask a Librarian service.
- Circulating books (ML and MT) and scores (M) can be checked out and returned at the main circulation desk.
- Sound recordings must be checked out at the Media & Reserve Services counter on the lower level.
- Sound recordings circulate for two weeks to all UWM ID holders.
- PLEASE NOTE: Audio materials do not circulate to special permit holders or InfoPass users.
- Physical music reserves are handled through the library’s Media & Reserve Services.
- For assistance using streaming services to create class playlists, contact the Music & Performing Arts Librarian.
- Listening facilities include playback in CD, Cassette, and LP formats. Listening stations are located in the Media & Reserve Services area.
- Viewing facilities are located in the Media & Reserve Services area. The media viewing room includes space for groups of up to 20. It is equipped with a green screen and equipment for Blu-ray, DVD, and VHS viewing.
- Students, Faculty and Staff may borrow equipment from the Media & Reserve Library. Available equipment includes: headphones, audio recorders, tripods, and CD/Cassette players