- This event has passed.
UWM Libraries Scholarly Communication Series: “Publish, Not Perish: Ins & Outs of Scholarly Publishing and Getting Discovered”
October 13, 2017 @ 9:30 AM - 11:45 AM
The UWM Libraries and Springer Nature invite you to join us for breakfast and learn more about the process of scholarly research publication.
- Explore the multiple paths to academic publishing from identifying publisher options and journals that fit your manuscript through review, publication, citation and discovery.
- Learn about Springer Nature’s Open Access & Linked Data Initiatives, ORCID identifiers, and the value of institutional repositories including the UWM Digital Commons.
- Benefit from a panel of UWM faculty authors as they share their experience and perspective on scholarly publishing today. Presenters: Nicole Ameduri, Senior Account Manager Springer Nature; Melanie Masserant, Account Development Specialist, Springer Nature; Linda Kopecky, Head of Research Services, UWM Libraries; Dr. Abigail Amissah-Arthur, Assistant Dean for Research, UWM College of Health Sciences; UWM faculty academic authors.
A light breakfast–fruit, yogurt parfaits, muffins and pastries including vegan and gluten-free items–is included, starting at 9:30 a.m. The event is free and open to the public.
9:30 a.m. Registration, light breakfast and informal networking
10:00 a.m. Program
Pre-Registration at https://milwaukee.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0IJ1NPOzibMZaE5
Contact the UWM Libraries Research Services Team for more information:
- Linda Kopecky, Head, Research Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Bowes, Senior Academic Librarian / Architecture; Foreign Languages and Literature; French, Italian, & Comparative Literature; Linguistics; Spanish and Portuguese; Translational & Interpreting Studies; and Urban Planning – email@example.com
- Kris Bina Midthun, Senior Academic Librarian / Business, Economics and Nonprofit – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Springer Nature.