The Audio Studio is closed for Summer 2021. Contact Ann Hanlon with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For advice on recording and editing from a distance, check out our guide to Oral Histories at Distance (and really any kind of interview): https://uwm.edu/libraries/resources/oral-histories-at-a-distance/
In 2018, the DH Lab added the Audio Studio in an adjacent room. Featuring up to four mic stations, a Tascam recorder and converter, and an 8-channel mixing board, the Audio Studio is ideal for professional, high-quality sound recordings. With sound-buffering panels, the Audio Studio provides an ideal environment for podcasts, oral history interviews, and other projects that require high-quality voice recording.
For more information about using the Audio Studio, please contact Ann Hanlon at email@example.com.
Policy for use of Audio Studio
- The Audio Studio is available to trained UWM-affiliated students, faculty, and staff.
- Users of the Audio Studio must arrange for and attend a short 30-minute training session. (contact Ann Hanlon, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make arrangements)
- Students, staff, and faculty who complete training will be added to a roster of individuals eligible to use the Audio Studio.
- Training must be completed prior to use of the Audio Studio.
- Groups and individuals who have completed training may reserve the Audio Studio by reserving the Audio Studio Key online: https://bit.ly/2y2mk2X.
- Please make your reservation request at least 48 hours in advance. Reservations are subject to availability of the Audio Studio for the time period requested. Reservations must be made by and for UWM-affiliated students, faculty, and staff who have met the brief training requirements.
- Access to the Audio Studio:
- If you have made and received confirmation for your reservation, arrive at the main circulation desk at your designated reservation time to check out the key to the Audio Studio.
- Leave the room as you found it and pull the door behind you to lock it when you leave; you are required to return the key to the main circulation desk after your reservation time has expired.
- If you must leave the room during your reserved time and intend to return, close and lock the door and take the key with you. Security staff have been instructed to close the door if it is open to an empty room, regardless of reservation schedules.
- Who to ask for assistance: