UWM Libraries Digital Collections is a great resource for beautiful, historic, and uniquely Milwaukee images to customize your Zoom and Teams backgrounds. Browse through over 130,000 images of Milwaukee, the world, and historic maps and prints. To help you sort through all that treasure, we’ve selected a few of our favorite Milwaukee images and provided some steps to help you get started:
- Find an image you like in our UWM Digital Collections (or see our selections, below).
- Download a “medium” jpeg; save the jpeg to your computer.
- When you join a Teams meeting, add the image as your background. See details at MS Teams support:
- In Zoom, from the Video icon choose virtual background and use the + to add new images to your suite of backgrounds.
Some suggestions that we know make for an impressive Milwaukee-centric background:
- a classic Milwaukee scene: https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/collection/gfmmke/id/258/rec/101
- a pastoral scene in the city:
- moonlight on Lake Michigan:
- a historic map of your favorite city:
- a decorative print from the Jeypore Portfolio: